First off, I just got back on Monday from my two week trip to the Bahamas. It was a research trip and was, well, medium productive anyway. I couldn't find any of the specific information that I was looking for in the archives, but it was definitely worth going if for no other reason than to see the place and make some good contacts. Oh, and the delicious food, beautiful beaches, and rum drinks served out of a coconut. What can I say, the archives weren't open on the weekends... My ultimate goal is, of course, to return and do some archaeological work. I still don't have a specific site, but I do have a strategy that I hope I can employ. What this will mean is another trip and a lot of knocking on rich people's doors and asking "Hey, can I dig a hole in your yard?"
Well, we'll see. I hope I can manage things a bit more with a bit more polish than that - maybe do some lectures at the historical society or at some local venues first to drum up interest and *then* talk to people about, well, digging holes in their yards!
In other news, the publication work on High Seas Cthulhu proceeds apace, and I learned from the editor (William Jones) of a contest over at Shoggoth.net to win a free copy. It doesn't take much to enter, so give it a shot!
I also have another story that i am hoping to polish up and send around this summer, called "Happiness Man", and another Mythos tale I'm working on called "The Cursed Wreck" which I hope to be done with, along with some sort of pirate-related academic article (arrrrticle?) by the end of August.
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment