Friday, June 8, 2007

Holding Pattern

I don't have a whole lot to say for an introductory post at the moment - I've filled out my profile, at last. I'd like to get a real website set up this summer - we'll see how that goes.

At the moment, here are where things stand for me. I'm going to be having a story published in High Seas Cthulhu, an anthology put out by Elder Signs Press and hey, look at that, available for pre-order now! The premise has changed to be a bit more inclusive than that blurb claims, and I think the cover art may have also changed. My own story therein, Ice, is definitely a more modern setting. But still on a ship! I am quite pleased with it, and very excited for this to come out.

In academic news, I am preparing to leave Monday for a two week research trip to the Bahamas. I'm looking for information on early colonial period settlements on Eleuthera and Harbor Island, with the hopes that I might be able to investigate them archaeologically for my PhD. I'm interested in the nature of maritime communities, and as the Bahamas were not overwhelmed with plantation agriculture until the end of the eighteenth century, they will be a good place to work if I can find a site!

That's all for now, I need to go and write an abstract for the Society for Historical Archaeology's conference next January in Alberquerque. I'll be presenting as part of a symposium on Maritime Landscapes - should be interesting!

No comments: